2019 passed by WAYYY faster than I can imagine. I still remember throwing up 12 times that day and having to board a plane (that was delayed), and having to change my travel plans to check out Bantanyan island, Cebu. Eventually, I bought an air ticket home as I was feeling so unwell.
And now, I’m back again in Cebu, hoping to visit Bantanyan & Malapascua island again. However this time round, there’s a typhoon. This is the fifth time I’m in the Philippines for the forth year and also the fifth consecutive time I’ve encountered a natural disaster here haha!
2019 was a great year. I was blessed to travel ALOT this year:
- Penang, Malaysia (4 days)
- Bangkok, Thailand (4 days)
- Bali, Indonesia (6 days) (work)
- Krabi Islands (Krabi Town, Phi Phi Island, Koh Lanta, Phuket), Thailand, Myanmar (Yangon, Bagan, Mandalay, Lake Inle), Luang Prabang, Laos, Perth, Australia (30 days)
- East Java (Tumpak Sewu Waterfall, Mount Bromo, Mount Ijen) (4 days)
- Budapest, Hungary, Bratislava & Zdiar, Slovakia, Krakow, Poland (7 days)
- Hualien & Taipei, Taiwan (7 days)
- Vegas, USA (9 days) (work)
- Cebu, Philippines (7 days)
I spent a hell lot of time this year riding an emotional roller coaster – nursing a heartbreak, transitioning into a new job, putting my guard down and confessing my feelings to someone… only to have my heart broken again lol.
I also spent a hell lot of money. This was the year I decided to put myself first and to really practise self-love. Finally I got my braces (yay Invisalign!), revamped my room (choosing the wall colour, pasting the wallpaper, buying new furniture etc.) and got a diving license!
This year, I also had the pleasure of visiting/playing host to some of the friends I made on my travels:
I felt great.
Bit by bit, I could see myself progressing. I was achieving my goals and ticking off all the must-do’s on my to-do list.
For 2020, there’s only one last big item on my ultimate to-do list…
Finding the love of my life
My to-do list include: getting a driving license and reading more. After which, it’d be time to act on my big plan (fingers crossed!).
Here’s celebrating a better, stronger version of myself. I’m sure the new year would be as great, if not better.